Product Assessment Group
The Product Assessment Group (PAG) reports directly to the WRAS Technical Committee.
To raise awareness of the requirements of the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations/Scottish Water Byelaws and promote compliance of products and materials with the requirements of Regulations 4 of these Regulations through the WRAS product and materials approval schemes.
1. On behalf of the Technical Committee to oversee the operation of the WRAS product and material approval schemes and make recommendations to assist the Technical Committee
- To bring to the attention of the Technical Committee any issues relating to WRAS Approval
- To identify and recommend areas where changes could be made to improve the operation of the Scheme should be considered, this may include further delegation to the WRAS Approvals Team
- To consider the impact of WRAS approval decisions and interpretations upon water suppliers, potential and existing approval holders and WRAS
2. To promote compliance with the requirements of Regulation 4 of the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations/Scottish Water Byelaws
- By assessing applications, where appropriate, for WRAS Approvals and granting on behalf of UK water suppliers WRAS Approval to those water fittings which they deem to satisfy the Scheme’s acceptance criteria
- By evaluating the level of protection and performance afforded by appropriate performance specifications against those of the Regulator's Performance Specification (Test Code Sheets) and formulating and documenting recommendations regarding their equivalence to the Technical Committee
3. To raise awareness of the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations/Scottish Water Byelaws
- By providing manufacturers and designers with a preliminary interpretation of their product’s compliance with the requirements of regulation 4 of the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations/Scottish Water Byelaws
- Facilitating installers to comply with the requirements of the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations/Scottish Water Byelaws through the development of specific installation advice (Installation Requirements and Notes) as a condition of WRAS Product Approval
4. To carry out such other functions as may be assigned to it from time to time by the Technical Committee
5. To provide opportunity for continued professional development and networking of employees of water suppliers
The PAG comprises of nine experienced assessors appointed by the Technical Committee from member companies. The PAG holds ten approval meetings a year. Applications for WRAS Approval and relevant technical papers are discussed at PAG approval meetings.
Contacting the PAG
Applications for WRAS Approval are usually presented by the organisation which carried out the mechanical performance testing, but can also be submitted directly to WRAS by manufacturers or suppliers. Manufacturers or suppliers can make a request for the PAG to offer an interpretation of the conformity of a design or product by contacting the Secretary of the PAG.