Technical Support Groups
The WRAS Technical Support Groups (TSGs) report to the WRAS Technical Committee.
To promote the consistent application of enforcement of the Water Fittings Regulations/Scottish Byelaws by the exchange of information relating to interpretation and application of enforcement between member companies and by recognising and implementing interpretations agreed by the Technical Committee on behalf of all the UK Water Suppliers.
To bring to the attention of the Technical Committee any unresolved issues regarding the application of enforcement of the Water Fitting Regulations/Scottish Byelaws and to make recommendations thereon to assist the Technical Committee in reaching an agreed interpretation.
1. To promote consistent interpretation and application of enforcement of the Water Fittings Regulations/Scottish Byelaws by Water Suppliers and facilitate a unified approach to the implementation of Water Fitting Regulations/Scottish Byelaws by disseminating information, including interpretations made by the Technical Committee, amongst representatives of water suppliers’ regulations enforcement staff.
2. To advise the Technical Committee of technical issues, queries or concerns arising from the practical implementation or application of enforcement of the Water Fitting Regulations/ Scottish Byelaws and where relevant to make recommendations for endorsement by the Technical Committee.
3. To identify any significant differences between water suppliers in the implementation of the Water Fitting Regulations/Scottish Byelaws and where such a situation exists make properly formulated and documented recommendations to the Technical Committee.
4. To encourage communication between Water Suppliers by providing both a networking opportunity and a focal point to receive and discuss Water Fitting Regulations/Scottish Byelaws implementation concerns and queries collectively.
5. To provide opportunity for continued professional development (CPD).
6. To promote awareness of the Water Fitting Regulations/Scottish Byelaws.
There are two TSGs - the Northern Regional Technical Support Group (TSG North) and Southern Regional Technical Support Group (TSG South). Depending upon their geographical location, all WRAS member companies are entitled, and encouraged, to be represented at either the TSG North or TSG South. TSG representatives are appointed by their company and usually, but not always, have direct responsibility for the practical implementation and enforcement of the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations and Scottish Water Byelaws. TSG North and TSG South meet four times a year, with common agenda items.
Contacting the TSG
Anyone wishing to seek clarification of an issue or technical interpretation related to the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations and Scottish Water Byelaws can make a request for the TSGs to discuss the matter by forwarding an enquiry to the Secretary of the TSGs.