WRAS Ltd. is a subscription membership company working on behalf of UK water companies. WRAS has three departments and services.
The WIAPS team administers and promotes the WIAPS approval scheme on behalf of fourteen water suppliers in England & Wales. It also provides training and encourages good plumbing practice.
The WIAPS Manager is Thomas Cook.
WRAS subscriptions service
WRAS susbcriptions team supports water suppliers in their role to enforce the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations and Scottish Water Byelaws. This team:
- promotes awareness and knowledge of the Wate Fittings Regulation and Byelaws
- acts as a focal point for communications regarding the Water Regulations and related matters
- provides an advisory service for and on behalf of Members on the principles and requirements of the Water Regulations
- promote and give guidance to enable effective enforcement of the Water Regulations throughout the UK
- participates in the development of British and European Standards on behalf of the UK Water Supply Industry.
Paul Millard, Technical Manager is the primary contact for trade and professional organisations.
Catherine Powell, Water Company Liaison is the primary contact for water company regulation teams.
The WRAS Approvals team administers the WRAS Approvals Scheme. The team is responsible for publishing the on-line Products & Materials Directory.The Approvals and Technical Enquiry Service Manager is Ian Hughes.
The WRAS team structure can be found below: