IRN R060

Where in existing house installations a hose pipe is to be used from an existing hose union tap located outside a house and which is not provided with backflow protection, either:


the existing hose union tap should be provided with a double check valve (Type EC or ED) located inside the building; or


the tap should be replaced with a hose union tap that incorporates a double check valve (type (HUK1); or


a hose union backflow prevention (Type HA) or a double check valve (Type EC or ED) should be continuously fitted to the outlet of the tap; or


 is legally installed in any premises.