Water Supply Industry Interpretations and Advice
- Area of Interest : Backflow prevention
- Topic : Temporary supplies
- Title : Dosing equipment - temporary connection under the provision of Regulation 2(2).
- Clause Reference : Regulation 2(2)
- Reference Number : B11
- Decision Date : February 2002
The provisions of Regulation 2(2), in exempting from the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations, Byelaws in Scotland, certain temporary water supply connections, do not permit a chemical dosing unit to be intermittently connected to a hose union tap without the use of proper backflow protection related to the fluid risk posed by the chemicals Regulation 2(2) applies to temporary water supplies e.g. for building construction purposes.