Water Supply Industry Interpretations and Advice
- Area of Interest : Backflow prevention
- Topic : Whole site and zone backflow prevention
- Title : Verifiable check valves installed below ground
- Clause Reference : Schedule 2 paragraph 15(4) & G15.24
- Reference Number : B32
- Decision Date : September 2004
Where whole site and zone backflow protection is required a water supplier may accept, subject to a risk assessment and providing that it is located in a chamber of adequate size to allow for maintenance, the installation of a verifiable check valve below ground.