Water Supply Industry Interpretations and Advice
- Area of Interest : Enforcement
- Topic : Backflow protection
- Title : Installation of Type DC devices
- Clause Reference : Regulation 4 & Schedule 2 paragraph 15
- Reference Number : E08
- Decision Date : June 2015
The installation requirements for Type DC devices installed to provide backflow protection from a WCs or urinal are set out in Schedule 2 paragraph 25(c) and the Regulators’ Specification for backflow prevention.
To comply with the requirements of Regulation 4(5) Type DC devices installed to provide backflow protection for other types of system should be installed in accordance with the installation requirements set out in BS EN 1717:2000.