Water Supply Industry Interpretations and Advice
- Area of Interest : Installation
- Topic : Accessibility of pipework
- Title : Accessibility of supply pipes passing through premises in multi-occupancy.
- Clause Reference : Schedule 2 paragraph 7: G7.1 & G10.2
- Reference Number : I11
- Decision Date : June 2002
Where a supply pipe passes through one occupancy to another, it should be protected from impact damage and have adequate frost protection and be installed in a continuous service duct. This could include the use of a purpose-made wooden duct with pipes held by clips at intervals. It should be possible to remove pipe work for repair or maintenance.