Water Supply Industry Interpretations and Advice
- Area of Interest : Installation
- Topic : Overflow arrangements
- Title : Requirements for an overflow for a cistern supplied via a float valve
- Clause Reference : Schedule 2 paragraph 16 (4) (a)
- Reference Number : I16
- Decision Date : October 2003
Where a float valve is fitted to a cistern, including primary circuit feed cisterns, an overflow (warning pipe) must be provided, regardless of whether the float valve is permanently or temporarily connected to the mains supply.