Water Supply Industry Interpretations and Advice
- Area of Interest : Installation
- Topic : Single check valves
- Title : Backflow protection on fire protection systems considered to be a fluid category 2 risk
- Clause Reference : Regulation 3 (2), Schedule 2 paragraph 15 (1) & G 15.29
- Reference Number : I40
- Decision Date : November 2013
Fire fighting system may be categorised as a fluid category 2 backflow risk. Where the backflow protection is provided in the form of a single check valve, the valve must be installed as close as practical to the supply pipe.