Water Supply Industry Interpretations and Advice
- Area of Interest : Installation
- Topic :Backflow protection
- Title :Supplies to equipment used exclusively for fire fighting purposes
- Clause Reference : Regulation 3 & Schedule 2 paragraph 15 (1)
- Reference Number : I41
- Decision Date : June 2014
It is recommended that in the case of dedicated fire mains the appropriate backflow protection be provided in the form of wholesite protection at the boundary. For private hydrants supplied off a domestic ring main the appropriate backflow protection should be installed at each branch as close as practical to the point of connection to the supply or distributing pipe.