Water Supply Industry Interpretations and Advice
- Area of Interest : Installation / Water Quality
- Topic : Disinfection of pipework
- Title : Time elapsed before re-disinfection
- Clause Reference : Schedule 2 paragraph 13 & G13.2
- Reference Number : IWQ01
- Decision Date : February 2002
Where disinfection of supply pipework or pipework in buildings is considered to be required, and the disinfected pipework is not commissioned and used within 30 days of successfully completing the initial disinfection, the disinfection process should be repeated before it is commissioned if a risk assessment shows that this is necessary.