Water Supply Industry Interpretations and Advice
- Area of Interest : Notification
- Topic : Material change of use
- Title : Notification of changes relating to storage and use of fluid category 4 or 5 substances
- Clause Reference : Regulation 1& 2
- Reference Number : N05
- Decision Date : June 2015
It is a requirement to notify any proposed plumbing work relating to a material change of use. This includes any changes to a plumbing system for the storage and/or use of substances which if mixed with water would be classified as either fluid category 4 or 5, for example the installation of a rainwater harvesting or grey water system in any premises.