Water Supply Industry Interpretations and Advice
- Area of Interest : Water Quality
- Topic : Preventing contamination
- Title : Taste of TCP from flexible hoses
- Clause Reference : Regulation 3(2)
- Reference Number : WQ02
- Decision Date : June 2000
House builders and developers are encouraged to install a single check valve on supplies to washing and dishwashing machines due to the problem, frequently encountered by customers, of a ‘TCP’ taste to water from both their cold and hot water taps, arising from the interaction of chlorine with unsuitable rubber flexible hoses.