Water Supply Industry Interpretations and Advice
- Area of Interest : Water Quality
- Topic : Pressure testing and disinfection
- Title : Changing premises from private water supplies to public supplies
- Clause Reference : Regulation 2(1)
- Reference Number : WQ04
- Decision Date : February 2002
If necessary on the grounds of possible contamination, in premises where a private water supply is to be replaced by a mains water supply, the plumbing system should be brought up to the legal requirements of the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations, Byelaws in Scotland, and then be pressure tested and, if necessary disinfected, before connection is made to the mains supply.