Vacancy: Quality Manager
Salary: £33,000 - £39,000 salary depending on experience, plus benefits
The Water Regulations Advisory Scheme (WRAS) promotes the water fittings regulations and good plumbing practice in manufacture, design and installation. It also provides the largest plumbing product approval scheme in the UK.
We are looking for a motivated individual with excellent QA skills to join our small expanding team to introduce a QA system to our product approval scheme and our plumbing register and ensure that WRAS gains accreditation for these approval schemes. They will develop and maintain a quality assurance systems for WRAS and ensure that their policies and procedures are in line with regulatory, certification and ethical standards. Reporting to the Approvals Manager, they will carry out internal audits and may be called upon to carry out external audits.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree or HND level in a relevant subject such as engineering and a track record in managing a QA system or at least three years conducting audits to ensure adherence to standards, ideally in a manufacturing related environment. They will be a self-starter with strong analytical capabilities, a great attention to deal and excellent written and verbal communication.
It's an exciting time for the company, with our approval schemes expanding to keep up with demand. WRAS is an excellent employer offering attractive benefits and a secure career to the right candidate.
Closing date: 6th July 2018
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note if you have not heard back from us by the 13thJuly 2018 you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the application process.
Your covering letter should explain why you are interested in the role and how you meet the person specification. The person specification can be found in the role profile.
Interviews will be held between 23rdand 10thAugust 2018 at WRAS’s Crumlin office.
- To develop and maintain a quality assurance system for WRAS and ensure that their policies and procedures are in line with regulatory, certification and ethical standards.
- To ensure that WRAS successfully gains and maintains BS EN ISO/IEC 17065 accreditation for WRAS approval, BS EN ISO/IEC 17024 for the Water Industry Approved Plumbers Scheme and BS EN ISO/IEC 17025 for a limited range of tests.
- To work with the Technical Advisory Group to develop recommendations for mechanical test performance requirements and certification requirements, where clarification to standards is needed or where there is a gap in requirement
- To carry out external audits as required.
- In conjunction with the Technical Manager represent the scheme in technical discussions with Government, other organisations and individuals on water fittings regulations topics as required.
- In conjunction with Water Company Liaison, prepare technical papers, reports, advisory information, interpretations, newsletter content, website content or other publications.
- When required, to assist with responding to enquiries to the Regulations advice service
- To work in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations and ensure information concerning customers and other members of staff is treated correctly
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected in-line with the overall purpose of the organisation. Changes will be discussed with the role holder before implementation
- Educated to degree or HND level in a relevant subject such as engineering
- Relevant quality assurance qualification
- At least three years’ experience as a Quality Assurance Manager. You will have established a QA system and gained external accreditation or at least three years conducting audits to ensure adherence to standards, ideally in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent Quality Assurance systems and audit, knowledge and skills
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good Influencing and negotiating skills
- Great attention to detail
- A self-starter who can work independently within a framework
- Full UK driving licence for some travel to client sites