Vacancy: WIAPS Manager
Salary: £31,000 salary depending on experience, plus car allowance and benefits
The Water Regulations Advisory Scheme (WRAS) promotes the water regulations and good plumbing practice in manufacture, design and installation.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with excellent organisational and management skills to join our small team to manage national registers of qualified plumbers (Water Industry Approved Plumbers Scheme and WaterSafe). They will work closely with our water company subscribers to ensure that the WIAPS plumbing and sector scheme members maintain high standards. Working closely with training certification bodies, you will support the review and endorsement of courses which can used for entry into Approved Contractor Schemes, you will also organise the delivery of WRAS training and assessment.
The successful candidate will have a relevant plumbing qualification or hold at least two A levels and a track record in managing a team, ideally within a plumbing, water or technical training organisation. They will be a self-starter with excellent customer, communications and presentational skills
It's an exciting time for the company, with our approval schemes expanding to keep up with demand. WRAS is an excellent employer offering attractive benefits and a secure career to the right candidate.
Closing date: 22nd February 2019
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. Please note if you have not heard back from us by the 1st March 2019 you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the application process.
Your covering letter should explain why you are interested in the role and how you meet the person specification.
- To organise the administration of enquiries, applications and assessments for approved plumbers, maintaining a database for WIAPS
- To organise the administration service for the WaterSafe board, to include overseeing the website, maintaining the database and responding to enquiries and processing and marking of WaterSafe Initial Assessment applications
- To organise the delivery of training and the assessment of candidates’ knowledge of the Regulations
- To assess and recommend whether the water industry should endorse a specific training scheme and any conditions, which will apply and carry out annual audit of delivery and secure support from Water Suppliers for endorsement.
- To prepare advisory information, newsletter content, website content or other publications relevant to approved contractor schemes. This may include contributing to the development of a portfolio of learning solutions.
- Manage team in line with company procedures and standards, including recruitment, training, monitoring, appraising and if necessary instigating first line disciplinary action.
- To prepare regular performance information on WIAPS, WaterSafe and training.
- To work in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations and ensure information concerning customers and other members of staff is treated correctly.
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected in-line with the overall purpose of the organisation. Changes will be discussed with the role holder before implementation
- Plumbing qualification or at least two A levels
- At least three years’ experience effectively managing a team, ideally in within a plumbing, water or technical training organisation.
- Great customer focus, buildingand maintaining customer satisfaction with the products and services offered by the organisation
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrates great technical expertise
- An effective collaborator with strong networking abilities
- Good IT skills
- A self-starter who can work independently within a framework
- Full UK driving licence for some travel to client sites