What is WIAPS?
WIAPS is the largest of the seven UK Approved Contractors’ Schemes. WIAPS is administered by WRAS on behalf of 15 of the UK Water Undertakers.
It provides water industry-backed accreditation to qualified plumbers and other sector workers, including groundworkers.
What does it cost?
Membership of WIAPS is currently free for Plumbers and Groundworkers, but fees apply for other sector schemes.
- Customers get reassurance that your business employs qualified plumbers who understand the Water Fittings Regulations and Byelaws.
- Your business gets promotion through the WRAS website and online directory.
- Your business has the backing of water companies who refer customers to WIAPS and WaterSafe to find a plumber
- Approved Contractors can start certain works without issuing prior notification to the local water company - saving you and your customer’s time and money.
- Some organisations will only use businesses that employ Approved Contractors.
What are my obligations?
Every installation you undertake must comply with the Water Fittings Regulations. In addition, as an approved contractor, you issue a certificate stating your work complies with the Regulations. You must also make yourself available to be periodically audited by the local water company. This helps ensure high standards are maintained.
How do I join?
Joining is easy. Select the sector you wish to join here.
Passport to WaterSafe
As part of your WIAPS membership, you’ll be signed up to WaterSafe at no extra cost. WaterSafe is a national register of approved plumbers from all seven Approved Contractors’ Schemes.**
So join free* today, to enjoy the benefits.
* Admin charges apply for some sectors of WIAPS.
** Membership of the WaterSafe Installers’ Scheme is currently only open to Approved Plumbers.