Become an Approved RPZ Valve Tester
Advance applications are now being accepted before the scheme goes live in early November.
RPZ Valve Tester sector is special sector within WIAPS. Its purpose is to approve RPZ Valve Testers who can verify conformity of an RPZ valve against the requirements of the RPZ valve AIM 08-01 and the Regulations, through reporting observations, test results and failures when they occur.
There are three principle requirements to become an Approved RPZ Valve Tester.
- You must hold an RPZ Valve Tester qualification recognised by the Scheme.
- You must hold the relevant minimum level of liability insurance.
- You must hold and maintain calibration certification for all test equipment.
For a company employing more than one person, the minimum required level of insurance required is £5m employer liability and £2m public liability. For sole traders, a minimum of £2m public liability insurance is required.
Membership of WIAPS as an approved RPZ Valve Tester is currently free.
If you meet the above requirements, download the application form to join the scheme click here, or to enquire further about the sector, please contact WIAPS: email email@example.com or telephone 01495 983 010 option 1.
By signing up to WIAPS, you are agreeing to abide by the Terms and Conditions for the RPZ Sector Scheme and make yourself available for audit as and when required. Below is a list of resources relating to WIAPS RPZ Valve Tester membership.
- RPZ Valve Tester sector terms and conditions
- Code of Conduct
- Audit Procedure
- RPZ Valve Tester application form
- WRAS/WIAPS Brand Guidelines