The Water Regulations Advisory Scheme has developed a range of publications and other resources providing information relating to the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999, the Water Supply (Water Fittings) (Scotland) Byelaws 2014 and the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2009.
Most can be downloaded, or obtained from WRAS, free of charge.
Water Fittings Enforcement Reporting
Information Guidance Notes (IGNs)
- 9-02-03 Conservation of Water - Issue 2
- 9-02-04 Reclaimed Water Systems
- 9-02-05 Marking and identification of water reuse systems (replaced with 'Pipe identification information note' - see information leaflets below)
- 9-04-04 Cold water storage cisterns
- 9-06-01 Ports
- 9-06-02 Marinas
- 9-06-03 Railway premises
- 9-07-01 Installation of ION exchange water softeners
Water Industry Approved Installation Methods (AIMs)
- 9-04-02 Use of solders and fluxes
- AIM-08-01 Type BA device - variable backflow preventer with Reduced Pressure Zone Valve (RPZ)
- Agricultural Premises
- Holiday and residential parks
- Water and waste water treatment works
- Sports grounds
- Schools, colleges and higher education establishments
- Clarification of the requirements of Regulation 4(1) of the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations, Byelaws in Scotland, as they apply to WC suites.
- Clarification of the requirements of the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations, Byelaws in Scotland, as they apply to Type AUK1 air gap arrangements in WC suites.
- Clarification of the requirements of the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations, Byelaws in Scotland, as they apply to Type AG air gaps in WC suites.
- Pipe identification information note
- 9-05-01 Commissioning plumbing system
- Water Regulations - What are they and how do they affect you?
- Information on notification of proposed plumbing work
- Schedule 2: paragraph 7 explained
- Light cowl design - installation information note
- Guidance for connecting storage cisterns
- Alternative water systems
- Information on requirements for water coolers
- The use of EPDM flexible rubber hoses
- Prevention of the risk of backflow in the design of bathrooms
- Advice regarding the risk of scalding caused by failure of electric immersion water heaters
- Backflow protection for water supplies to construction sites
- Guidance on thermal disinfection in stored, preheated water for domestic purposes
- Categorisation of the fluid category of risk - coastal seawater
- Cold water services: storage cisterns - general design & installation requirements
Information Leaflets - caravan and camping sites
- Information for installation of DC devices at caravan and camping sites
- Guidance for use of DC devices at caravan and camping sites
- Preventing frost damage in caravan holiday homes
- Warning to caravan and park home owners and site managers
Other items of interest
- Looking After Water in Your Home
- Local authorities risk assessment of plumbing in private premises
- Keeping Water Safe in Premises
- Marina hose agreement - this publication has been withdrawn for further information contact your local water supplier.
WRAS Business plan summary
WRAS Annual reports
- Annual report 2014/15
- Annual report 2013/14
- Annual report 2012/13
- Annual report 2011/12
- Annual report 2010/11
- Annual report 2009/10